Thursday, June 1, 2017

[Ranked] What should I have done in this situation?


[on a side note, I'm sick of the toxicity of this game. The people going all out if you make any (perceived) mistake at all makes it kinda annoying to play often]I got flamed mayor league for a decision I made as town today, and I'm wondering if it was indeed a bad decision.Context: In a game today I was the RT/Any vig. Claimed to jailor early on and vetbaited D1. There was a confirmed veteran, but also multiple players who had not yet claimed. I had voted with town all game.Day A: When the vet got confirmed I immediately claimed RT vig. Town got suspicious and the evil on stand tried to get me lynched instead of them, so I offered to shoot either the vet or a target of their choosing. Nobody responded to me all day, except for one town player who told me in whispers not to shoot.Day B: The day after, the jailor called on town to hang me, and town basically all agreed, and did so. In dead chat, I was flamed to hell by one of the dead (presumably high elo since they called me low elo scum) players, who told me I should've shot vet and asked them to alert.So, should I have?I disagree but several people obviously didn't.Their argument: I should have confirmed myself by suiciding into the vet. This would've prevented town from lynching me. That would've given them chance to lynch an evil.My reasoning: I had claimed on my own accord, and had a solid town record. An evil tried to get me lynched. Suiciding into vet to prove myself while there were multiple unclaimeds, would open up town for a loss of voting power if things didn't go their way [leavers, 4 maf, people making the wrong voting choice etc]. I had scumread several of the unclaimeds but wasn't sure enough to random shoot and town numbers were ok-ish (not actively risky, not great either) I didn't want to random shoot because there had been transing going on, and I wasn't sure enough of my mark.I also presumed, that since town didn't reply to my multiple offers to shoot someone and in fact one player (whom I wasn' sure wasn't trans) actively told me not to, that I wasn't high enough on the town's priority list for me to confirm myself that night.Finally, my final thought was: ok, so if I basically have to confirm myself as RT/Any by suiciding into the vet, why would you ask vigs to do that as town, but not ask the same of any RT/any claim? If this tactic was the "sane" one and you are dumb for not doing it, basically town should also ask all RT/ANY TP/TI/TS claims that can visit to suicide into vet, to save lynches and make them confirm. I realize the only way for a vig to confirm themselves is to shoot, but it's not like it's easier for invests/sheriffs to confirm themselves late game with only, say, GF left. via /r/TownofSalemgame http://ift.tt/2sv2vge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts