Sunday, July 16, 2017

Not An Insomniac But I Need Help


Seven years I've done my best to work with my insomniac husband on getting up in the morning. I've read the articles, the stories, had him take sleep aids, tried wake up at X time no matter what, total reset days, etc. Nada. Nothing truly works...His persona for when you try to wake him up has always been mean, kick and hit at you, curse you out, growl, fling pillows, but lately he's been getting meaner with his words. I'm not sure what it is, what I can do, but it's hurting me.He apologizes, he honestly doesn't mean (or does but might not actually be thinking it consciously, if that makes sense), and gets up after hours of fighting. Some days it's as short as 30 minutes, a few times it's been nearly 6 hours, usually it's 2-3.I've tried asking if to tell me what I can I do to make it easier to wake to, but the gentle rubbing of shoulder and cooing of his name have long since stopped working. His brother suggested keeping on him every five minutes, but that gets his otherself in a tizzy.I now start off nice and sweet and end up having to yell and bodily shake him, getting shoved, and yelled at in the process.Point of this, SO's with an insomniac give me some pointers. 7 years of this, and many more to go but I'm so emotionally drained after it some mornings.Love him to death, but he's hurting me and not meaning too which is hurting us both. via /r/insomnia http://ift.tt/2tgk34Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts